This webinar is particularly targeted at practitioners working with adults. It provides an opportunity for a “review and refresh” for experienced practitioners, and practical tools based on solid career development theory, for newer practitioners.
The presentation and toolkit will help you to:
- Understand the changing context of career development and wellbeing in society.
- Know how best to help support adults experiencing different types of transitions in their life.
- Be aware of techniques that can be applied in practice to improve career development and wellbeing outcomes for adults.
- Understand how to look after your own emotional care and competence in responding to and dealing with diverse and complex adult needs.
- Be empowered to understand and maintain boundaries supporting the learning of others.
- Identify further evidence to support your everyday practice to enable you to learn more.
Presenter Bio: Dr Deirdre Hughes OBE
A freelance academic researcher, career development professional and government policy adviser. She has written over 125 articles and book chapters, and made over 200 presentations to international, national and regional professional groups dealing with all-age careers work, employment and skills issues. She is co-editor of the British Journal for Guidance and Counselling International Symposium Series. She is also a Cedefop appointed national expert in lifelong guidance and careers education (May 2017).
In 2012 she was awarded an OBE in the 2012 Queen’s Birthday Honours List for services to lifelong guidance. She was previously President of the UK Institute of Career Guidance (2009-2010) and co-founder of the Careers Profession Alliance. She was awarded a Legacy Fellowship by the UK Career Development Institute (2012) by process of peer review.
Please consider event timing according to your state:
NSW, VIC, TAS, ACT: 5:30pm - 7pm
SA: 5pm - 6:30pm
QLD: 4:30pm - 6pm
NT: 4pm - 5:30pm
WA: 2:30pm - 4pm
New Zealand: 7:30pm - 9pm
CPD Points: 1.5 Hours
CPD Competency: Professional Practice Application
Are you a CDAA member? Please ensure you are logged in using the right credentials to receive the member rate. Don't know your login details? Contact [email protected].
Please read the CDAA Cancellation and Refund Policy before registering.